Electrical Design, Schematics, and Calculations Software
CADISON Electrical Designer is a comprehensive solution for schematic ( SLD, Circuit diagram etc ) & controls design, sizing calculations, 3D cable tray & panel layouts, automatic report generation, bill of materials (BOM), material take-offs (MTO). Revision control & change management capability comes with a centralized object-oriented database that makes the design change(s) process quick, efficient and error-free. The customizable logic analyzer feature allows designers to do quality checks during the design process at the object, drawing and project level. Check our latest Standalone Solution for Electrical Projects called CADISON E&I Designer..
Intelligent SLD’s, Circuit Diagrams with CADISON Electrical Designer
- Develop intelligent schematics (single line diagrams, circuit diagrams, panel layouts, terminal diagrams, etc.) based on key one-line diagram, load list, I/O list, etc.
- Automatic device tagging and wire numbering in accordance with DIN, ISA and KKS standard
- Multiple possibilities for project specific wiring style in order to automate tagging system in drawing as well as in reports such as bill of materials (BOM)
- Dynamic number assignment at the time of drawing creation
- Built-in quality checking tool (logic analyzer for validation and verification in diagrams)
- Automatic PLC Drawing from IO list reduces the drafting time for the users
- Terminal strip editor for rearranging & renumbering of terminals in graphical user interface (GUI)
- Automatic generation of legend table with list of symbols representing the used objects in the drawing
- Easy creation and management of symbols and sub-assemblies for reusability
- Schematic developed in CADISON Electrical Designer can be directly used to perform calculations
Engineering Calculations and Sizing for Basic Engineering
- Built-in calculations and sizing helps electrical engineers to perform quick calculations while working on drawings
- Cable sizing calculation (based on users inputs such as rated power, rated voltage, load current, actual current and number of runs required)
- Transformer sizing calculation (calculate MVA rating of the transformer and voltage drop as per IEC standard 60076)
- Battery sizing calculation (calculate the capacity of UPS and batteries based on minimal inputs such as list of equipments voltage & current rating, power factor, etc. as per IEE standard 485-1997)
- Earthing (grounding) calculation (calculates total earth resistance of the system, plant or building)
- Generate reports for cable sizing activity at the calculation stage
- Improves productivity by allowing users to do all sizing calculations without creating electrical schematics
3D design and modeling of Cable Tray
- It enables the users to quickly create/route complex cable tray(s) with an intuitive interface
- Built-in intelligence that auto-suggests the next component for routing based on the cursor position in the drawing. As the cursor position changes, the system will identify the possible options and display the appropriate cable tray objects at the tip of cursor (for e.g. Cable Tray Straight, Left Elbow, Right Elbow, Bend Outside, Bend Inside…) for quick routing
- User can use standard/ vendor specific catalogs to fetch the dimensions at the time of routing and deliver accurate MTOs as per the standards or vendor specifications
- Automatic extraction of BOM for cable tray including connection data, material information and a cable list for the entire 3D project or an individual section
CADISON Electrical Designer for Control Panel Design
- CADISON Electrical Designer enables users to do space planning of components for panel layout design
- Standard catalogs of panels/enclosures are available in CADISON Electrical designer with easy drag and drop functionality for quick 3D layout of panels
- It enables easy wire routing and error free device mounting with available positions, considering space limitations at a schematic level
- Users can extract various reports for manufacturing such as wire list, BOM, manufacturing drawings etc.
- 3D models of panel design are used to check for collisions in the complete mechanical design, manufacturing and mounting information
- Intelligent extraction of 2D layout drawings from 3D model
- Facility to add Panel Level BOM in drawing
Automatic Report Generation – BOM, MTO’s, etc.
- Ability to generate reports at project, drawing, structure and object level
- Configurable reports for the list of electrical input/output and automation components
- Considerable numbers of predefined report formats such as BOM, cable lists, cable tray lists etc.
- Supports Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF
- Multilingual report generation (Example : English, German)
Quick Coil and Contact Cross Referencing
Customized Quality Checks for Identifying and Tracking Errors
Effective Revision Management
Linking 2D to 3D
Comprehensive Symbol Catalogues
CADISON Electrical Designer offers standardized object libraries for creation of schematics. Its ribbon toolbar provides quick access to various electrical symbol libraries and allows easy & faster insertion of electrical devices
Quick Coil and Contact Cross:
CADISON can automatically identify ‘Free & Used contacts’ and assign them to devices. Contact selector will then filter available devices (relay, power switch etc) for easy and quick insertion of contacts.
‘Auxiliary contact blocks’ can be created for augmenting capacity of relay/contactor; it is also possible to add additional ‘Auxiliary contact blocks’ to devices.
‘Coil-Contacts’ history can be easily tracked, which helps the designer in getting a clearer picture of ‘Free and Used contacts’ to avoid wrong selection of devices.
Customized Quality Checks for Identifying and Tracking Errors:
CADISON Electrical Designer offers built-in ‘Logic Analyzer’ feature to track and check errors during the design process. It is configurable to suit different user needs and can be executed at object, drawing and project level
Effective Revision Management:
CADISON Electrical Designer provides in-built revision management feature for updated information of engineering data across the project life-cycle at any given point. It also helps in consistent data sharing within the team by means of a email notification for every change/revision. ‘Revision Marker’ functionality displays reason for revision, which can be used as reference for future projects
Linking 2D to 3D
In CADISON Electrical Designer, objects in 2D and 3D will be automatically linked and any further updates in the object properties will be synchronized across the drawings, this avoids duplication of information.