Module for Pipe Class and Catalog Management
CADISON® MATPIPE is an independent module for development and management of pipe classes, creation of parameterized 3D components, preparation and integration of manufacturer’s catalogues and maintenance of up-to-date Catalog data in the system with import & export functionality of MATPIPE.
CADISON® MATPIPE for Central Pipe Class and Catalog Management System
- A standalone (Non-CAD) module for catalog management of component specifications, pipe classes, material specifications, and vendor catalogs, etc.
- CADISON® MATPIPE supplies the number of pipe classes and manufacturer Catalogs with default installer. User can add catalogs as per organization requirement and import external objects information using interfaces.
- CADISON® has provision to create Master and Working catalogs. User can create Master catalogs and create working catalogs from master catalog using “Replica” and “Extended Replica” features.
- MATPIPE provides an additional Catalog type called “Reference catalogs” to be used as a reference at the time of creating new objects. With this new wizard, a user can quickly create new objects with all necessary data (graphics, data sheets, etc.) by referring to the existing objects in Matpipe
- CADISON® MATPIPE enable user to create & maintain multiple versions of a catalog with built-in revision management
- The component data can be imported and exported via different formats (CSV, XLS etc.).
Built-in Parametric Modeler for Quick Catalog Creation
- MATPIPE provides its own rule-based component configuration & design tool for specification and parameterization of objects. You may create simple 3D elements (e.g. a simple valve) or even complex structures (e.g. complete separators) as parametric objects (complete with object code, part numbers and descriptions).
- Apart from the 3D elements, even 2D symbols may be created for schematic diagrams or electrical equipment
- Simple Intuitive interface for catalog/symbol creation with 3D graphic variant modeler( All properties or dependencies can be optionally modified in the catalogue)
- Users can also use ‘Copy Parametric Model’ feature within CADISON® MATPIPE, to easily copy and reuse complete or some parts of parametric definitions across the catalogs
- Integration of manufacturer documents (certificates, test reports, ATEX certificates, etc.)
- Effective interfacing with 3D module, ensures that 3D designer, materials management/ procurement and fabricator have the same understanding of a project piping specification
CADISON® Catalog Control for Effective Change Management
- Manual updation of already placed objects with revised objects is tedious and error-prone task and managing multiple versions of the same object in project is difficult. CADISON® Catalog Control (CCC) features enables the user to change/update and manage catalog objects already used in a project with latest information
- This CCC feature enable user to update the consumed objects of projects with latest version quickly and accurately.
- This automated feature ensure proper control of the entire process and also eliminate manual inspection and quality
- All pipe classes and catalogue descriptions prepared by means of CADISON® MATPIPE can be issued by the integrated report generator in most different forms and formats
- All reports can be revised and have release mechanisms. They are stored directly within the CADISON® project
- All documents can be presented even automatically as PDF
- The challenge for purchase department and engineering team is to maintain (various data formats) synchronize and communicate it effectively; doing it manually is a tedious and time consuming activity, as it needs proper quality checks.
- Another challenge is to maintain a centralized material record (Master material record).
Typically there are 2 types of material records:
- MATPIPE – consists of all technical specification sheets with graphic parameters
- ERP System – consist of all commercial information including ERP code/number for all the items
- Bringing both these systems together and synchronizing the data is possible with CADISON® -ERP bidirectional interface enables synchronization between CADISON® data and ERP system
Reference Catalogs Creation in MATPIPE
MATPIPE provides an additional Catalog type called “Reference catalogs” to be used as a reference at the time of creating new objects. With this new wizard, a user can quickly create new objects with all necessary data (graphics, data sheets, etc.) by referring to the existing objects in Matpipe. The user will be guided though wizard to select the reference object, key properties such as nominal sizes, connection points, etc.
Revision Management of MATPIPE Catalogs
It enables users to create & maintain multiple versions of the same catalog with built-in revision control. Allows organization (users) to create and maintain revisions and publish different versions of the master catalog resulting in improved revision control
Users can easily copy and reuse complete or some parts of parametric definitions across the catalogs using ‘Copy Parametric Model’ feature. This eliminates the need to recreate graphical primitives for new catalogs. It also helps in creating catalogs by copying parametric primitives/sub-assemblies from multiple catalogs.